Samsung Galaxy Y 5360 is one of the most popular entry level Android mobile device released into the market, with the release the Galaxy Y 5360 comes with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread but later Samsung have released Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread which is commonly referred as build DDLA1 (although the update is not as funky as Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich but it is worth updating to the latest one which the Galaxy Y officially supports).
Requirements For Upgrading Samsung Galaxy Y 5360 To Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
- A minimum of 50% charge levels should be maintained with the battery, It is recommended to fully charge the battery.
- You should disable antivirus and any such security apps/tools (both on you computer and phone).
- Backup! Backup! Backup! it is always better to backup your whole data which ensures you to preserve the important files and data on your device.
- Close Samsung KIES (in case if you are using), better you uninstall it.
- Download DDLA1 Update Package, PIT file Update, Odin3 v1.85 and save them on your computer.
Note: Please note that you are proceeding further at you own risk, the following step by step setup guide should work safe with your device, but on the flip side who do not hold any responsibility in case if your device got damaged or if you brick your phone after the upgrade.
How To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Y 5360 To Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread? [Official]
- Step 1: Enable the USB debugging mode on your device, for enabling the USB debugging mode navigate to Settings –> Applications –> Development.
- Step 2: Extract the DDLA1 update package which you have downloaded earlier.
- Step 3: Turn off your device and reboot it into download mode, to do that just press the home button (middle one) along with down volume key and press the Power button.
- Step 4: Now Run Odin3 on your local computer.
- Step 5: Connect your Samsung Galaxy Y 5360 phone to your computer, Odin3 will automatically detect your device. Just check for the yellow ID:COM in Odin3 (which means that the drivers are successfully loaded).
- Step 6: Later in Odin3, just load the following files (PIT – totoro_0623.pit, Boot Loader – DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360DDLA1_REVO5.tar.md5, PDA – PDA_S5360DDLA1_REVO5.tar.md5, Phone – MODEM__S5360DDLA1_REVO5.tar.md5 and CSC – GT-S5360-MULTI-CSC-ODDLA1.tar.md5) which are available in the above downloaded packages.
- Step 7: Now under “Option” in Odin3, just check “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” and uncheck rest of the selection lists.
- Step 8: Everything is set to proceed further, just click on Start button to initiate the upgrade process. If everything goes fine your will be successfully updated after the reboot.
- Step 9: Turn off your mobile phone and turn it on to enter into recovery mode (refer step 3).
- Step 10: In recovery mode just select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” and reboot your device for cleaning up all the additional files which are loaded while upgrade.
- Step 11: Now to confirm the update, just navigate to Settings –> About Phone –> Firmware version and notice for “Android 2.3.6 DDLA1″.
Congrats for successfully upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build DDLA1, do let us know if you encounter with any of the errors while upgrading we will glad to help you out with the settings to proceed further.