With the E71 you don’t need to do all settings to set up Gmail imap, which you need to do with other S60 devices from Nokia. On Nokia E71, it is pretty dynamic, it will find all on its own, when you enter your username and password.
But if your having problems like I was when outgoing messages or anything else you can go into your settings for that email account and make sure they all look like what you see below. Make sure your security ports are set right.
To configure IMAP for your Symbian S60 device, just follow these steps:
- Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
- Select ‘Messaging’ > ‘Options’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘E-mail’ > ‘Mailboxes.’
- If you have never set up email on your phone before, select ‘Yes’ to define a new mailbox. If you already have other mailboxes, select ‘Options’ and then ‘New mailbox.’
- Select ‘Start’ to begin the setup wizard.
- Select ‘IMAP4′ and then ‘Next.’
- Enter your full email address (including ‘@gmail.com’) as the email address and select ‘Next.’ Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format ‘username@your_domain.com.’
- Enter ‘imap.gmail.com’ as the incoming mail server and select ‘Next.’
- Enter ‘smtp.gmail.com’ as the outgoing mail server and select ‘Next.’
- Select the appropriate access point and then ‘Next.’
- Enter a descriptive name for the email account mailbox name.
- Once your mailbox is set up, select it from the email mailbox settings screen.
- Select ‘Connection settings’ > ‘Incoming e-mail.’
- Enter your address (including ‘@gmail.com’ or ‘@your_domain.com’) and password.
- Select ‘SSL/TLS’ for your security (ports) and define your port as ’993.’
- Select ‘Back.’
- Select ‘Outgoing e-mail.’
- Enter your email address (including ‘@gmail.com’ or ‘@your_domain.com’) and password.
- Select ‘StartTLS’ for your security (ports) and define your port as ’587.’
- Select ‘Back’ and change any other settings according to your preferences.